*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
Author: Richard L. Liboff
Publisher: Prentice Hall
Publication date: May 1, 1990
Dimensions: 1 by 7 by 9.7 in.
Subjects: Theoretical physics. Kinetic theory of matter.
Book condition: Used. Good. Some highlights present.
Note: Classical, Quantum, and Relativistic Descriptions, Second Edition goes beyond the scope of other works in the field with a significantly broader array of applications. This superior reference addresses a wide range of disciplines, including aerospace, mechanical, and chemical engineering; solid state and laser physics; and controlled and astrophysical thermonuclear fusion. Topics covered include:
* Entirely new material on kinetic properties of metals and amorphous media.
* Exposition and analysis of the Liouville equation.
* The Boltzmann equation, fluid dynamics, and irreversibility.
* Kinetic equations with applications to plasmas, neutral fluids, and shock waves.
* Elements of quantum kinetic theory and the many-body Green's function.
* Relativistic kinetic theoryÃ¢Â�Â�covariant Liouville equation
* List of classical and quantum hierarchies of kinetic equations